This unit group includes nurse practitioners, physician assistants and midwives who provide primary health care and treatment in conjunction with physicians and in collaboration with other health professionals. Nurse practitioners and physician assistants provide a range of health services to patients delivering preventive and continuous care toward the management of patients’ health. Midwives provide full-course care to women and their babies during the pre- and post-natal period. Nurse practitioners are employed in community health centres, hospitals, clinics and rehabilitation centres. Physician assistants usually work in private practice , including group or team practices, hospitals and clinics. Midwives are employed in hospitals, clinics, birthing centres or in private practice.
There is no mobility between these occupations without further training.
主要職責 Main Duties
执业护士执行部分或全部下列职责：Nurse practitioners perform some or all of the following duties:
- Examine patients and take their medical histories and consult with physicians and other medical practitioners to evaluate patients’ physical and mental health
- Order laboratory tests, X-rays and other diagnostic procedures
- Inoculate and vaccinate patients
- Advise patients and their families on health care including health promotion, disease, illness and accident prevention
- Collaborate with members of an interdisciplinary health team such as family physicians, therapists and nutritionists to plan, implement, co-ordinate and evaluate patient care in consultation with patients and their families.
醫師助理執行部分或全部下列職責：Physician assistants perform some or all of the following duties:
- Conduct patient interviews, physical assessments and take medical histories
- Perform or order diagnostic tests and interpret results
- Formulate and implement treatment plans and monitor patients’ progress
- Inoculate and vaccinate patients
- Perform and assist in minor surgery
- Provide health maintenance education
- May participate in research activities.
助產士執行部分或全部下列職責：Midwives perform some or all of the following duties:
- Provide primary, full-course, care to women and their babies during pregnancy, labour, birth and the post-natal period including monitoring the health of mother and baby
- Manage labour and spontaneous normal deliveries
- Care for, assess and monitor the health of newborns and refer infants to appropriate medical services as required
- Provide advice and guidance regarding care for newborns and young infants.
任職要求 Employment Requirements
- Nurse practitioners usually require a master’s degree in nursing; or completion of a nursing program with additional advanced or extended primary health care nursing education; and several years of practice as a registered nurse.
- Registration with a regulatory body is required for nurse practitioners in all provinces and territories.
- Physician assistants require completion of a university degree in a physician assistant program.
- Registration with a regulatory body is required for physician assistants in Manitoba.
- Midwives require completion of an undergraduate university degree program in midwifery or its equivalent and a period of supervised practical training.
- Registration with a regulatory body is required for midwives in Newfoundland and Labrador, Nova Scotia, New Brunswick, Quebec, Ontario, Manitoba, Saskatchewan, Alberta, British Columbia and the Northwest Territories.
所有職稱 All Titles
- 急性護理護士執業 acute care nurse practitioner
- 先進的執業護士 advanced nurse practitioner
- 先進的實習護士 advanced practice nurse
- 麻醉助理 anesthesia assistant
- 擴展類註冊護士 – 護士執業 extended class registered nurse – nurse practitioner
- 持牌助產士 licensed midwife
- 助產士 midwife
- 護士實習生 – 成人護理 nurse practioner – adult care
- 護士執業 nurse practitioner
- 護士執業 – 麻醉 nurse practitioner – anesthesia
- 護士執業 – 心髒病 nurse practitioner – cardiology
- 護士執業 – 擴展類 nurse practitioner – extended class
- 護士執業 – 兒科 nurse practitioner – pediatrics
- 護士執業 – 初級衛生保健 nurse practitioner – primary health care
- 助產士 nurse-midwife
- 助理醫師 physician assistant
- 初級衛生保健醫生護士 primary health care nurse practitioner
- 註冊助產士（RM） registered midwife (RM)
- 註冊護士（RN-EC） – 擴展類 registered nurse – extended class (RN-EC)
- RM（註冊助產士） RM (registered midwife)
- 全科醫生和家庭醫生 General practitioners and family physicians 3112
- 醫療保健經理 Managers in health care 0311
- 其他專業的職業健康診斷和治療 Other professional occupations in health diagnosing and treating 3125
- 自然癒合執業 Practitioners of natural healing 3232
- 註冊護士，註冊精神科護士 Registered nurses and registered psychiatric nurses 3012
- 專科醫師 Specialist physicians 3111