Occupational therapists develop individual and group programs with people affected by illness, injury, developmental disorders, emotional or psychological problems and ageing to maintain, restore or increase their ability to care for themselves and to engage in work, school or leisure. They also develop and implement health promotion programs with individuals, community groups and employers. They are employed in health care facilities, in schools, and by private and social services agencies, or they may be self-employed.
Occupational therapists may progress to management or administrative positions through further training and experience.
主要職責 Main Duties
- Analyse clients’ capabilities and expectations related to life activities through observation, interviews and formal assessments
- Develop intervention programs to address clients’ needs related to self-care, work and leisure activities
- Maintain clients’ records
- Establish personalized care plans working as a member of an interdisciplinary team
- Consult and advise on health promotion programs to prevent disabilities and to maximize independent function in all activities of life
- May supervise support personnel and students and provide training.
- 為特定的人群，如兒童、成人以及老年癡呆症，腦外傷和慢性疼痛的不同問題的人提供特別的干預措施，如返回工作方案等。 Occupational therapists may specialize in working with specific populations such as children or adults, or persons with distinct problems such as dementia, traumatic brain injury and chronic pain, or provide special interventions such as return-to-work programs.
任職要求 Employment Requirements
- A university degree in occupational therapy including supervised fieldwork is required or Graduation from an occupational therapy program approved by the World Federation of Occupational Therapists (WFOT) is accepted in some provinces.
- Completion of the national certification examination may be required.
- Licensure with a regulatory body is required in all provinces.
- Membership in the national association, Canadian Association of Occupational Therapists, is required in some provinces.
- Occupational therapists may obtain expertise in a particular area through additional training or experience.
所有職稱 All Titles
- 個案經理及職業治療師 case manager occupational therapist
- 臨床職業治療師 clinical occupational therapist
- 臨床職業治療專家 clinical occupational therapy specialist
- 社區職業治療師 community occupational therapist
- 社會實踐職業治療師 community practice occupational therapist
- 家庭護理職業治療師 home care occupational therapist
- 職業治療師 occupational therapist (OT)
- 職業治療師及職業評估員 occupational therapist vocational evaluator
- 職業治療師及個案經理 occupational therapist, case manager
- 社區職業治療師 occupational therapist, community
- 社會實踐職業治療師 occupational therapist, community practice
- 家庭護理職業治療師 occupational therapist, home care
- 職業研究治療師 occupational therapist, research
- 職業研究和開發治療師 occupational therapist, research and development
- 職業治療康復顧問 occupational therapy rehabilitation consultant
- 職業治療師 OT (occupational therapist)
- 職業治療康復顧問 rehabilitation consultant, occupational therapy
- 職業研究和發展治療師 research and development occupational therapist
- 研究職業治療師 research occupational therapist
- 職業臨床治療專家 specialist, clinical occupational therapy
- 職業評估治療師 vocational evaluator occupational therapist
- 職業治療主任 Directors of occupational therapy (in 0311 Managers in health care )
- 角色取向和流動性指導 Orientation and mobility instructors (in 4215 Instructors of persons with disabilities)