Occupational therapists develop individual and group programs with people affected by illness, injury, developmental disorders, emotional or psychological problems and ageing to maintain, restore or increase their ability to care for themselves and to engage in work, school or leisure. They also develop and implement health promotion programs with individuals, community groups and employers. They are employed in health care facilities, in schools, and by private and social services agencies, or they may be self-employed.
Occupational therapists may progress to management or administrative positions through further training and experience.
主要职责 Main Duties
Analyse clients’ capabilities and expectations related to life activities through observation, interviews and formal assessments
Develop intervention programs to address clients’ needs related to self-care, work and leisure activities
Maintain clients’ records
Establish personalized care plans working as a member of an interdisciplinary team
Consult and advise on health promotion programs to prevent disabilities and to maximize independent function in all activities of life
May supervise support personnel and students and provide training.
- 为特定的人群，如儿童、成人以及老年痴呆症，脑外伤和慢性疼痛的不同问题的人提供特别的干预措施，如返回工作方案等。Occupational therapists may specialize in working with specific populations such as children or adults, or persons with distinct problems such as dementia, traumatic brain injury and chronic pain, or provide special interventions such as return-to-work programs.
任职要求 Employment Requirements
A university degree in occupational therapy including supervised fieldwork is required or Graduation from an occupational therapy program approved by the World Federation of Occupational Therapists (WFOT) is accepted in some provinces.
Completion of the national certification examination may be required.
Licensure with a regulatory body is required in all provinces.
Membership in the national association, Canadian Association of Occupational Therapists, is required in some provinces.
Occupational therapists may obtain expertise in a particular area through additional training or experience.
所有职称 All Titles
- 个案经理及职业治疗师 case manager occupational therapist
- 临床职业治疗师 clinical occupational therapist
- 临床职业治疗专家 clinical occupational therapy specialist
- 社区职业治疗师 community occupational therapist
- 社会实践职业治疗师 community practice occupational therapist
- 家庭护理职业治疗师 home care occupational therapist
- 职业治疗师 occupational therapist (OT)
- 职业治疗师及职业评估员 occupational therapist vocational evaluator
- 职业治疗师及个案经理 occupational therapist, case manager
- 社区职业治疗师 occupational therapist, community
- 社会实践职业治疗师 occupational therapist, community practice
- 家庭护理职业治疗师 occupational therapist, home care
- 职业研究治疗师 occupational therapist, research
- 职业研究和开发治疗师 occupational therapist, research and development
- 职业治疗康复顾问 occupational therapy rehabilitation consultant
- 职业治疗师 OT (occupational therapist)
- 职业治疗康复顾问 rehabilitation consultant, occupational therapy
- 职业研究和发展治疗师 research and development occupational therapist
- 研究职业治疗师 research occupational therapist
- 职业临床治疗专家 specialist, clinical occupational therapy
- 职业评估治疗师 vocational evaluator occupational therapist
- 职业治疗主任 Directors of occupational therapy (in (0311) Managers in health care )
- 角色取向和流动性指导 Orientation and mobility instructors (in (4215) Instructors of persons with disabilities)