Water well drillers operate a variety of mobile water well drilling rigs and equipment to drill and monitor residential, commercial and industrial water wells. They are employed by water well drilling contractors and governments, or they may be self-employed.
Mobility is possible among the various well drilling operators in this unit group.
Progression to supervisory positions is possible with experience.
主要職責 Main Duties
- Review client requirements and proposed locations for water wells
- Operate water well drilling rigs and other equipment to drill, bore and dig for residential, commercial and industrial water wells or environmental assessment, and install well screens, casings and other well fixtures
- Document geological fomations encountered
- Clean and disinfect wells in preparation for use
- Perform routine mechanical maintenance work on water well drilling rigs and equipment
- Install, test, maintain and repair water well pumps, piping systems and equipment and perform pumping tests to assess well performance
- May provide other drilling services, such as repair or dismantling of existing water well structure, elevator shaft drilling and hydro pole drilling.
- Water well drillers may specialize in a specific method of drilling, such as cable, rotary, auger, hammer or reverse circulation drilling.
任職要求 Employment Requirements
- Completion of secondary school is usually required.
- Completion of a two- to three-year water well drilling apprenticeship program
- Two to three years of work experience in the trade combined with college or industry courses in water well drilling is usually required to be eligible for trade certification.
- Trade certification is available, but voluntary, in New Brunswick, Saskatchewan, Alberta and British Columbia.
所有職稱 All Titles
- 學徒水井鑽井工 apprentice water well driller
- 電纜工具鑽井工 – 水井 cable tool driller – water well drilling
- 衝擊鑽運營商 – 水井 churn drill operator – water well drilling
- 鑽井工，水井學徒 driller, water well apprentice
- 熟練工人/男/女水井鑽機井工 journeyman/woman water well driller
- 技術員，水井鑽 technician, water well drilling
- 水井鑽井工 water well driller
- 水井鑽井工學徒 water well driller apprentice
- 水井鑽井工 熟練工/男/女 water well driller journeyman/woman
- 水井鑽探技師 water well drilling technician
- 鑽井工人 – 地下開採（地下生產和開發礦工）Drillers – underground mining (in 8231 Underground production and development miners )
- 石油和天然氣鑽井工人，服務人員，測試人員和有關人員 Oil and gas well drillers, servicers, testers and related workers 8232
- 露天採礦，採石和建築鑽井工人（鑽井和放炮 – 表面採礦，採石和建築） Surface mining, quarrying and construction drillers (in 7372 Drillers and blasters – surface mining, quarrying and construction )
- 水井鑽探承包商和水井鑽井工人（承包商和監督員，重型設備操作人員及監事）Water well drilling contractors and supervisors of water well drillers (in 7302 Contractors and supervisors, heavy equipment operator crews )