Water well drillers operate a variety of mobile water well drilling rigs and equipment to drill and monitor residential, commercial and industrial water wells. They are employed by water well drilling contractors and governments, or they may be self-employed.
Mobility is possible among the various well drilling operators in this unit group.
Progression to supervisory positions is possible with experience.
主要职责 Main Duties
Review client requirements and proposed locations for water wells
Operate water well drilling rigs and other equipment to drill, bore and dig for residential, commercial and industrial water wells or environmental assessment, and install well screens, casings and other well fixtures
Document geological fomations encountered
Clean and disinfect wells in preparation for use
Perform routine mechanical maintenance work on water well drilling rigs and equipment
Install, test, maintain and repair water well pumps, piping systems and equipment and perform pumping tests to assess well performance
May provide other drilling services, such as repair or dismantling of existing water well structure, elevator shaft drilling and hydro pole drilling.
Water well drillers may specialize in a specific method of drilling, such as cable, rotary, auger, hammer or reverse circulation drilling.
任职要求 Employment Requirements
Completion of secondary school is usually required.
Completion of a two- to three-year water well drilling apprenticeship program
Two to three years of work experience in the trade combined with college or industry courses in water well drilling is usually required to be eligible for trade certification.
Trade certification is available, but voluntary, in New Brunswick, Saskatchewan, Alberta and British Columbia.
所有职称 All Titles
- 学徒水井钻井工 apprentice water well driller
- 电缆工具钻井工 – 水井 cable tool driller – water well drilling
- 冲击钻运营商 – 水井 churn drill operator – water well drilling
- 钻井工，水井学徒 driller, water well apprentice
- 熟练工人/男/女水井钻机井工 journeyman/woman water well driller
- 技术员，水井钻 technician, water well drilling
- 水井钻井工 water well driller
- 水井钻井工学徒 water well driller apprentice
- 水井钻井工 熟练工/男/女 water well driller journeyman/woman
- 水井钻探技师 water well drilling technician
- 钻井工人 – 地下开采（地下生产和开发矿工）Drillers – underground mining (in 8231 Underground production and development miners )
- 石油和天然气钻井工人，服务人员，测试人员和有关人员 Oil and gas well drillers, servicers, testers and related workers (8232)
- 露天采矿，采石和建筑钻井工人（钻井和放炮 – 表面采矿，采石和建筑） Surface mining, quarrying and construction drillers (in (7372) Drillers and blasters – surface mining, quarrying and construction )
- 水井钻探承包商和水井钻井工人（承包商和监督员，重型设备操作人员及监事）Water well drilling contractors and supervisors of water well drillers (in (7302) Contractors and supervisors, heavy equipment operator crews )