Payroll clerks collect, verify and process payroll information and determine pay and benefit entitlements for employees within a department, company or other establishment. They are employed by payroll administration companies and by establishments throughout the private and public sectors.
Progression to supervisory positions is possible with experience.
主要职责 Main Duties
Maintain records of employee attendance, leave and overtime to calculate pay and benefit entitlements, in Canadian and other currencies, using manual or computerized systems
Prepare and verify statements of earnings for employees, indicating gross and net salaries and deductions such as taxes, union dues, garnishments and insurance and pension plans
Prepare employee payments and benefit payments by cheque or electronic transfer
Complete, verify and process forms and documentation for administration of benefits such as pension plans, leaves, share savings, employment and medical insurance
Prepare T4 statements and other statements
Provide information to employees on payroll matters, benefit plans and collective agreement provisions
Compile statistical reports, statements, and summaries related to pay and benefits accounts
Prepare and balance period-end reports and reconcile issued payrolls to bank statements.
任职要求 Employment Requirements
Completion of secondary school is usually required.
Completion of college or other courses in accounting, bookkeeping or payroll administration
Experience as a financial clerk is usually required.
Payroll association certification may be required.
所有职称 All Titles
- 帐户记录员 – 工资 account records clerk – payroll
- 助理工资出纳员 assistant paymaster
- 福利及退休金计划人员 benefits and pension plan officer
- 福利人员 benefits officer
- 支付会计文员 pay accounts clerk
- 支付顾问 pay advisor
- 薪酬和福利管理员 pay and benefits administrator
- 薪酬和福利职员 pay and benefits clerk
- 支付职员 pay clerk
- 工资验证员 pay verifier
- 工资管理员 payroll administrator
- 工资职员 payroll clerk
- 薪资机器操作员 payroll machine operator
- 工资人员 payroll officer
- 工资管理人员 salary administration officer
- 养老金业务员 – 政府 superannuation clerk – government
- 计时员 – 工资 timekeeper – payroll
- 人力资源和招聘人员 Human resources and recruitment officers (1223)
- 人事文员 Personnel clerks (1415)
- 监事薪资文员（主管，金融保险业的上班族） Supervisors of payroll clerks (in (1212) Supervisors, finance and insurance office workers )