Mechanical engineers research, design and develop machinery and systems for heating, ventilating and air conditioning, power generation, transportation, processing and manufacturing. They also perform duties related to the evaluation, installation, operation and maintenance of mechanical systems. Mechanical engineers are employed by consulting firms, by power-generating utilities and in a wide range of manufacturing, processing and transportation industries, or they may be self-employed.
There is considerable mobility between mechanical engineering specializations at the less senior levels.
Supervisory and senior positions in this unit group require experience.
Mechanical engineers work closely with civil, electrical, aerospace, chemical, industrial and other engineers, and mobility is possible between some fields of specialization in these disciplines.
Engineers often work in a multidisciplinary environment and acquire knowledge and skills through work experience that may allow them to practise in associated areas of science, engineering, sales, marketing or management.
主要职责 Main Duties
Conduct research into the feasibility, design, operation and performance of mechanisms, components and systems
Plan and manage projects, and prepare material, cost and timing estimates, reports and design specifications for machinery and systems
Design power plants, machines, components, tools, fixtures and equipment
Analyze dynamics and vibrations of mechanical systems and structures
Supervise and inspect the installation, modification and commissioning of mechanical systems at construction sites or in industrial facilities
Develop maintenance standards, schedules and programs and provide guidance to industrial maintenance crews
Investigate mechanical failures or unexpected maintenance problems
Prepare contract documents and evaluate tenders for industrial construction or maintenance
Supervise technicians, technologists and other engineers and review and approve designs, calculations and cost estimates.
任职要求 Employment Requirements
A bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering or in a related engineering discipline is required.
A master’s degree or doctorate in a related engineering discipline may be required.
Licensing by a provincial or territorial association of professional engineers is required to approve engineering drawings and reports and to practise as a Professional Engineer (P.Eng.).
Engineers are eligible for registration following graduation from an accredited educational program, and after three or four years of supervised work experience in engineering and passing a professional practice examination.
所有职称 All Titles
- 声学工程师 acoustical engineer
- 声学和振动工程师 acoustics and vibration engineer
- 声学工程师 acoustics engineer
- 汽车工程师 automotive engineer
- 建筑系统工程师 building systems engineer
- 首席机械工程师 chief mechanical engineer
- 咨询机械工程师 consulting mechanical engineer
- 低温工程师 cryogenics engineer
- 机械设计工程师 – design engineer – mechanical
- 设计工程师，油井设备 design engineer, oil well equipment
- 柴油工程师 – 设计和研究 diesel engineer – design and research
- 节能工程师 energy conservation engineer
- 工程师，机械设计 engineer, mechanical design
- 工程师，核作战 engineer, nuclear operations
- 工程师，发电 engineer, power generation
- 流体力学工程师 fluid mechanics engineer
- 天然气利用机械工程师 gas utilization mechanical engineer
- 加热专业工程师 heating specialist engineer
- 采暖，通风和空调（HVAC）工程师 heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) engineer
- HVAC（采暖，通风和空调）工程师 HVAC (heating, ventilation and air conditioning) engineer
- 内燃机工程师 internal combustion engineer
- 润滑工程师 lubrication engineer
- 海洋机械工程师 marine mechanical engineer
- 机械设计工程师 mechanical design engineer
- 机械工程师 mechanical engineer
- 机械工程师，煤气利用率 mechanical engineer, gas utilization
- 机械工程师，海洋 mechanical engineer, marine
- 机械工程师，项目 mechanical engineer, projects
- 机械液压工程师 mechanical hydraulic engineer
- 机械维修工程师 mechanical maintenance engineer
- 机械动力工程师 mechanical power engineer
- 机电一体化工程师 mechatronic engineer
- 微机电系统（MEMS）的研究工程师 micro-electro-mechanical systems (MEMS) research engineer
- 模具设计工程师 mould design engineer
- 核设计工程师 nuclear design engineer
- 核工程师 nuclear engineer
- 核营运工程师 nuclear operations engineer
- 油井设备设计工程师 oil well equipment design engineer
- 图案工程师 pattern engineer
- 管道工程师 piping engineer
- 发电工程师 power generation engineer
- 电厂工程师 power plant engineer
- 工程机械工程师 project mechanical engineer
- 制冷工程师 refrigeration engineer
- 机器人工程师 robotics engineer
- 热设计工程师 thermal design engineer
- 火电工程师 thermal power engineer
- 模具工程师 tool engineer
- 摩擦学家 tribologist
- 工程经理 Engineering managers ((0211))
- 工业和制造工程师 Industrial and manufacturing engineers ((2141))
- 冶金和材料工程师 Metallurgical and materials engineers ((2142))
- 电源工程师或固定式发动机工程师 Power engineers or stationary engineers (in (9241) Power engineers and power systems operators )