Probation officers monitor the conduct and behaviour of criminal offenders serving probation terms. Parole officers monitor the reintegration of criminal offenders serving the remainder of sentences while conditionally released into the community on parole. Classification officers assess inmates and develop rehabilitation programs for criminal offenders who are incarcerated in correctional facilities. They are employed by federal and provincial governments and work in the community and in correctional facilities.
Progression to correctional service management positions is possible with additional training or experience.
主要职责 Main Duties
缓刑和假释官执行部分或全部下列职责：Probation and parole officers perform some or all of the following duties:
Interview offenders, police, family, friends, school authorities and employers to prepare pre-sentence reports and assess offenders’ prospects for successful reintegration into the community
Plan rehabilitation programs with offenders, establishing rules of conduct, goals and objectives
Refer offenders to community and social service programs, as required
Supervise the terms of a probation order and attend court
Interview probationers and parolees regularly to evaluate their progress in accomplishing goals and maintaining the terms specified in their probation contracts and rehabilitation plans
Recommend remedial action or initiate court action when terms of probation or parole are violated
May perform administrative duties and supervise support staff
May participate in policy development.
惩教机构的分类人员执行部分或全部下列职责：Classification officers, correctional institutions, perform some or all of the following duties:
Interview inmates to assess adjustment problems and develop suitable rehabilitation programs
Prepare classification reports recommending type of incarceration and types of interventions considered most beneficial for the rehabilitation of the inmates
Plan rehabilitation programs with offenders, identifying needs and setting out goals and objectives
Liaise with the inmates’ families and contacts in the community to maintain established bonds outside of the institution
Advise and counsel inmates regarding their problems and evaluate their progress.
任职要求 Employment Requirements
A bachelor’s degree in social work, criminology, psychology, sociology or other related social science discipline is required.
A master’s degree in social work, criminology, psychology or other related social science discipline may be required.
所有职称 All Titles
- 个案管理工作者 – 惩教 case management worker – corrections
- 个案经理 – 惩教 case manager – corrections
- 分类辅导员 – 惩教 classification counsellor – corrections
- 分类人员，惩教机构 classification officer, correctional institution
- 宽大官 – 惩教 clemency officer – corrections
- 社区个案经理人员 – 惩教 community case manager officer – corrections
- 惩教中心的个案工作者 correctional centre caseworker
- 假释官 parole officer
- 假释监督员 parole supervisor
- 缓刑和假释人员 probation and parole officer
- 缓刑官 probation officer
- 社会救助项目官员 – 惩教 social assistance program officer – corrections
- 福利计划人员 – 惩教 welfare program officer – corrections
- 青年工人 – 惩教 youth worker – corrections
- 惩教服务人员 Correctional service officers (4422)
- 惩教服务经理（经理在社会，社区和惩教服务） Correctional services managers (in (0423) Managers in social, community and correctional services )
- 社会和社区服务工作者 Social and community service workers (4212)
- 社会工作者 Social workers (4152)