Fishing masters and officers manage and operate saltwater and freshwater fishing vessels greater than 100 gross tonnes to pursue and land fish and other marine life. They are employed by establishments engaged in operating commercial fishing vessels.
Completion of Transport Canada examinations is required to advance from Fishing Master Class IV through Class I. Training programs are provided in provincial training centres.
Progression to merchant or government vessel officer positions (which require a Marine Officer Certificate) is possible with additional training and experience.
主要职责 Main Duties
Command fishing vessels to catch fish and other marine life
Determine areas for fishing, plot courses and compute navigational positions using compasses, charts, tables and other aids
Steer vessels and operate navigational instruments and electronic fishing aids such as echo sounders and chart plotters
Direct fishing operations and supervise crew activities
Record fishing progress, crew activities, weather and sea conditions on ship’s log
Select and train vessel crews.
任职要求 Employment Requirements
Some secondary school education is usually required.
One to two years of experience as a fishing vessel deckhand is required.
Captains require one year of service as officer in charge of the watch.
A Fishing Master’s Certificate is required for all occupations in this unit group.
A commercial fishing licence is required.
所有职称 All Titles
- 水手，渔船; boatswain, fishing vessel
- 水手长，渔船 bo’sun, fishing vessel
- 船长，工厂冷冻拖网渔船 captain, factory freezer trawler
- 船长，渔船 captain, fishing vessel
- 船长，海上渔船 captain, offshore fishing vessel
- 甲板高级船员，渔船 deck officer, fishing vessel
- 工厂冷冻渔船船长 factory freezer trawler captain
- 大副，渔船 first mate, fishing vessel
- 钓鱼高手 fishing master
- 渔船水手 fishing vessel boatswain
- 渔船水手长 fishing vessel bo’sun
- 渔船船长 fishing vessel captain
- 渔船甲板高级船员 fishing vessel deck officer
- 渔船大副 fishing vessel first mate
- 渔船主人 fishing vessel master
- 渔船大副 fishing vessel mate
- 渔船导航官 fishing vessel navigation officer
- 渔船二副 fishing vessel second mate
- 渔船主人 master, fishing vessel
- 队友，渔船 mate, fishing vessel
- 导航官，渔船 navigation officer, fishing vessel
- 海上渔船船长 offshore fishing vessel captain
- 二副，渔船 second mate, fishing vessel
- 渔船船长 trawler captain
- 甲板人员，水路运输 Deck officers, water transport (2273)
- 渔民/男/女 Fishermen/women (8262)
- 渔船工程师要求加拿大运输部的许可（工程师人员，水运） Fishing vessel engineers requiring a Transport Canada licence (in (2274) Engineer officers, water transport )