Firefighters carry out firefighting and fire prevention activities, and assist in other emergencies. They are employed by municipal, provincial and federal governments and by large industrial establishments that have internal firefighting services.
Progression to senior positions such as fire chief is possible with additional training and several years of experience.
主要职责 Main Duties
Respond to fire alarms and other calls for assistance, such as automobile and industrial accidents, bomb threats and other emergencies
Rescue victims from burning buildings and accident sites
Control and extinguish fires using manual and power equipment, such as axes, water hoses, aerial ladders and hydraulic equipment and various firefighting chemicals
Administer first aid and other assistance
Ensure proper operation and maintenance of firefighting equipment
Prepare written reports on fire incidents
Inform and educate the public on fire prevention
Train to maintain high level of physical fitness
Assist the public, the police and emergency organizations during times of major disasters
May participate as members of a trauma or emergency response team and provide paramedical aid to accident victims or ill persons
May supervise and co-ordinate the work of other firefighters
May conduct building inspections to ensure compliance with fire code.
任职要求 Employment Requirements
Completion of secondary school is usually required.
Completion of a college program in fire protection technology, fire science or a related field may be required.
Firefighting and emergency medical care training courses are provided and vary in length depending on the requirements of different fire departments or services.
An apprenticeship training program for firefighters and voluntary trade certification is available in New Brunswick.
Experience as a volunteer firefighter may be an advantage.
Physical agility, strength, fitness and vision requirements must be met.
Several years of experience are required for senior firefighters, such as lieutenants and captains.
所有职称 All Titles
- 机场消防员 airport firefighter
- 学徒，消防员 apprentice, firefighter
- 通信服务消防队员 communication service firefighter
- 消防队员崩溃 crash firefighter
- 救火队长 fire captain
- 消防部门排长长 fire department platoon chief
- 消防检查员 fire inspector
- 消防中尉 fire lieutenant
- 防火人员 fire prevention officer
- 消防队员消防安全检查 fire safety inspection firefighter
- 消防队员 firefighter
- 消防队员学徒 firefighter apprentice
- 消防队员中尉 firefighter lieutenant
- 消防队员，通信服务 firefighter, communication service
- 消防员，消防安全大检查 firefighter, fire safety inspection
- 消防队员，工业园区 firefighter, industrial complex
- 消防队员，船上 firefighter, shipboard
- 消防队员，结构 firefighter, structural
- 消防队员，培训 firefighter, training
- 消防队员督察 firefighter-inspector
- 工业消防队员 industrial firefighter
- 中尉，消防队员 lieutenant, firefighters
- 首席排长，消防部门 platoon chief, fire department
- 船上消防员 shipboard firefighter
- 消防首长和高级消防官员 Fire chiefs and senior firefighting officers (0432)
- 森林消防队员（造林和林业工作者） Forest firefighters (in (8422) Silviculture and forestry workers )
- 医务（辅助医疗职业） Paramedics (in (3234) Paramedical occupations )