Railway conductors co-ordinate and supervise the activities of passenger and freight train crew members. Brakemen check train brakes and other systems and equipment prior to train run, and assist railway conductors in activities en route. They are employed by railway transport companies.
With experience, brakemen/women may progress to railway conductors.
With experience, railway conductors may progress to locomotive engineers.
主要职责 Main Duties
铁路指挥官执行部分或全部下列职责：Railway conductors perform some or all of the following duties:
- 监督和协调客运和货运列车机组人员的活动（机车工程师除外） ，以确保列车运营与时间表，列车顺序和运行规则 代码保持一致。
Supervise and co-ordinate the activities of passenger and freight train crew members (except locomotive engineers) to ensure train operations are in accordance with schedule, train orders and code of operating rules
Receive train orders and explain orders to brakemen/women, locomotive engineer and other crew members
Communicate with train crew members by radio, signals or by other means to give and receive train operation information
Collect fares on board passenger trains, announce approaching train stops and answer passenger enquiries
Prepare train run reports.
列车机务员/男/女执行部分或全部下列职责：Brakemen/women perform some or all of the following duties:
Check train systems and equipment such as air conditioning and heating systems, brakes and brake hoses prior to train run
Communicate with train crew members by radio, signals or by other means to aid in the movement and operation of train
Receive orders from traffic controllers, observe signals and track conditions and open and close track switches
Set and release hand brakes and connect air brake hoses to couple and switch passenger or freight cars, making minor repairs to couplings, air hoses and wheel-bearing boxes as required
Assist in collecting fares and helping passengers on and off train.
任职要求 Employment Requirements
Completion of secondary school is usually required.
Experience as a brakeman/woman is required for conductors.
Experience as a railway worker is usually required for brakemen/women.
Railway conductors require a Canadian Rail Operating Rules certificate.
Brakemen/women require a Canadian Rail Operating Rules certificate.
所有职称 All Titles
- 制动工人 – 调车场 brake worker – switching yard
- 司闸员/男/女 brakeman/woman
- 司闸员/男/女 – 铁路 brakeman/woman – railway
- 司闸员/男/女 – 铁路站场 brakeman/woman – railway yard
- 司闸员/男/女 – 调车场 brakeman/woman – switching yard
- 指挥官 – 铁路站场 conductor – railway yard
- 指挥官 – 公路货运 conductor – road freight
- 指挥官 – 交换码 conductor – switching yard
- 指挥官，客运列车 conductor, passenger train
- 指挥官，铁路 conductor, railway
- 货运列车司闸员/男/女 freight train brakeman/woman
- 货运列车的列车长 freight train conductor
- 前端司闸员/男/女 front-end brakeman/woman
- 头司闸员/男/女 head brakeman/woman
- 客运列车司闸员/男/女 passenger train brakeman/woman
- 客运列车的列车长 passenger train conductor
- 普尔曼指挥官 pullman conductor
- 铁路指挥官 railway conductor
- 公路货运司闸员/男/女 road freight brakeman/woman
- 睡车厢列车员 sleeping car conductor
- 尾部司闸员/男/女 tail-end brakeman/woman
- 火车售票员 train conductor
- 铁路和站场机车工程师 Railway and yard locomotive engineers (7361)
- 主管，铁路运输业务 Supervisors, railway transport operations (7304)