This unit group includes professional occupations in finance not elsewhere classified such as financial planners, financial examiners and inspectors, financial investigators, financial underwriters, mortgage brokers and trust officers. They are employed by banks, trust companies, investment firms and governments, or they may be self-employed.
Progression to financial management positions is possible with experience.
While these kinds of positions require a high degree of training and qualifications, persons who occupy them must continually update their skills and pursue professional development.
主要职责 Main Duties
以下是本单元组一些职业的主要职责总结：The following is a summary of main duties for some occupations in this unit group:
Financial planners develop personal financial plans for clients covering cash management, finances, insurance coverage, investments, retirement and estate planning, taxes and legal matters; analyze clients’ financial records, set goals and develop a financial strategy; advise clients on implementing the financial plan to help them achieve their goals; may also arrange for the purchase and sale of financial products and investments depending on the licence held, and monitor the portfolio to ensure its quality and profitability; and help to expand business and attract new clients.
Financial examiners and inspectors review and examine banks, trust companies, credit unions, caisses populaires, credit companies, real estate companies, insurance companies, pension funds, securities brokers and other financial services and institutions to ensure compliance with governing legislation and regulations.
Financial investigators investigate possible unethical conduct or breaches of securities or commodity futures laws by persons or companies that trade in securities and commodity futures or that provide related financial services.
Financial underwriters underwrite new issues of stocks and bonds, negotiate with corporations and governments to determine the type and terms of new securities issued and prepare offering prospectuses.
Trust officers administer estate, personal, charitable, corporate and other types of trusts, direct trust account investments, receive and record investment income and disburse trust funds.
Mortgage brokers meet with clients to obtain information about income, liabilities and assets, and type, price and condition of property to be mortgaged, and negotiate mortgage loans with lenders or lending institutions on behalf of clients.
任职要求 Employment Requirements
A bachelor’s degree in business administration, commerce, economics or a related field is usually required.
Various training programs and courses are offered by financial institutes and organizations, such as the Canadian Securities Institute, Institute of Canadian Bankers, Institute of Chartered Financial Analysts, Investment Funds Institute, Canadian Institute of Financial Planning, and Trust Companies Institute of Canada, and may be required by employers.
The designation Personal Financial Planner, awarded by the Financial Planners Standards Council of Canada, may be required.
Financial planners who sell regulated financial products and investments, such as annuities, RRSPs and life insurance, are required to be licensed by the appropriate governing body.
Financial examiners and inspectors may require a recognized accounting designation.
Mortgage brokers require a real estate licence in Quebec and a mortgage broker licence in Newfoundland and Labrador, Nova Scotia, Ontario, Manitoba, Saskatchewan, Alberta and British Columbia.
所有职称 All Titles
- 客户经理 account manager
- 管理员，地产 administrator, estate
- 银行检查员 bank inspector
- 债券承销商 bonds underwriter
- 辅导员，证券 counsellor, securities
- 信贷审裁员 credit adjudicator
- 信贷机构检查 credit agency inspector
- 信用社审核员 credit unions examiner
- 遗产管理人 estate administrator
- 房地产和信托管理员 estate and trust administrator
- 遗产执行人 estate executor
- 估计和程序主计长 estimates and programs controller
- 审核员，信用社 examiner, credit unions
- 审核员，金融机构 examiner, financial institutions
- 遗嘱执行人，遗产 executor, estate
- 融资和信贷管理员 – 国际银行 finance and credit administrator – international banking
- 金融机构审核员 financial institutions examiner
- 金融机构督察 financial institutions inspector
- 财务调查员 financial investigator
- 财务管理人员 financial management officer
- 财务管理人员 – 退休金计划分析 financial management officer – pension plan analysis
- 财务管理人员 – 项目预算 financial management officer – program budgeting
- 财务策划师 financial planner
- 理财规划师 – 个人理财 financial planner – personal finances
- 金融服务顾问 financial services consultant
- 金融承销商 financial underwriter
- 外国银行间安排人员 foreign interbanking arrangements officer
- 检查员，银行 inspector, banks
- 检查员，信贷机构 inspector, credit agency
- 检查员，金融机构 inspector, financial institutions
- 银行间安排人员 interbanking arrangements officer
- 投资顾问 – 个人理财 investment advisor – personal finances
- 投资顾问 – 个人理财 investment counsellor – personal finances
- 贷款解决方案经理 lending solutions manager
- 抵押贷款经纪人 mortgage broker
- 抵押贷款承销商 mortgage underwriter
- 个人理财规划师 personal financial planner
- 个人信托官 personal trust officer
- 证券分析师 – 个人理财 securities analyst – personal finances
- 证券辅导员 securities counsellor
- 证券承销商 securities underwriter
- 信托官员 trust officer
- 承销商，证券 underwriter, securities
- 经济发展人员（业务开发人员和营销研究人员和顾问） Economic development officers (in (4163) Business development officers and marketing researchers and consultants )
- 经济学家（经济学家和经济政策研究人员和分析师） Economists (in (4162) Economists and economic policy researchers and analysts )
- 财务及投资分析员 Financial and investment analysts (1112)
- 经理,金融和商业服务 Managers in financial and business services (012)
- 证券代理商，投资商和经纪人 Securities agents, investment dealers and brokers (1113)