This unit group includes nurse practitioners, physician assistants and midwives who provide primary health care and treatment in conjunction with physicians and in collaboration with other health professionals. Nurse practitioners and physician assistants provide a range of health services to patients delivering preventive and continuous care toward the management of patients’ health. Midwives provide full-course care to women and their babies during the pre- and post-natal period. Nurse practitioners are employed in community health centres, hospitals, clinics and rehabilitation centres. Physician assistants usually work in private practice, including group or team practices, hospitals and clinics. Midwives are employed in hospitals, clinics, birthing centres or in private practice.
There is no mobility between these occupations without further training.
主要职责 Main Duties
执业护士执行部分或全部下列职责：Nurse practitioners perform some or all of the following duties:
Examine patients and take their medical histories and consult with physicians and other medical practitioners to evaluate patients’ physical and mental health
Order laboratory tests, X-rays and other diagnostic procedures
Inoculate and vaccinate patients
Advise patients and their families on health care including health promotion, disease, illness and accident prevention
Collaborate with members of an interdisciplinary health team such as family physicians, therapists and nutritionists to plan, implement, co-ordinate and evaluate patient care in consultation with patients and their families.
医师助理执行部分或全部下列职责：Physician assistants perform some or all of the following duties:
Conduct patient interviews, physical assessments and take medical histories
Perform or order diagnostic tests and interpret results
Formulate and implement treatment plans and monitor patients’ progress
Inoculate and vaccinate patients
Perform and assist in minor surgery
Provide health maintenance education
May participate in research activities.
助产士执行部分或全部下列职责：Midwives perform some or all of the following duties:
Provide primary, full-course, care to women and their babies during pregnancy, labour, birth and the post-natal period including monitoring the health of mother and baby
Manage labour and spontaneous normal deliveries
Care for, assess and monitor the health of newborns and refer infants to appropriate medical services as required
Provide advice and guidance regarding care for newborns and young infants.
任职要求 Employment Requirements
Nurse practitioners usually require a master’s degree in nursing; or completion of a nursing program with additional advanced or extended primary health care nursing education; and several years of practice as a registered nurse.
Registration with a regulatory body is required for nurse practitioners in all provinces and territories.
Physician assistants require completion of a university degree in a physician assistant program.
Registration with a regulatory body is required for physician assistants in Manitoba.
Midwives require completion of an undergraduate university degree program in midwifery or its equivalent and a period of supervised practical training.
Registration with a regulatory body is required for midwives in Newfoundland and Labrador, Nova Scotia, New Brunswick, Quebec, Ontario, Manitoba, Saskatchewan, Alberta, British Columbia and the Northwest Territories.
所有职称 All Titles
- 急性护理护士执业 acute care nurse practitioner
- 先进的执业护士 advanced nurse practitioner
- 先进的实习护士 advanced practice nurse
- 麻醉助理 anesthesia assistant
- 扩展类注册护士 – 护士执业 extended class registered nurse – nurse practitioner
- 持牌助产士 licensed midwife
- 助产士 midwife
- 护士实习生 – 成人护理 nurse practioner – adult care
- 护士执业 nurse practitioner
- 护士执业 – 麻醉 nurse practitioner – anesthesia
- 护士执业 – 心脏病 nurse practitioner – cardiology
- 护士执业 – 扩展类 nurse practitioner – extended class
- 护士执业 – 儿科 nurse practitioner – pediatrics
- 护士执业 – 初级卫生保健 nurse practitioner – primary health care
- 助产士 nurse-midwife
- 助理医师 physician assistant
- 初级卫生保健医生护士 primary health care nurse practitioner
- 注册助产士（RM） registered midwife (RM)
- 注册护士（RN-EC） – 扩展类 registered nurse – extended class (RN-EC)
- RM（注册助产士） RM (registered midwife)
- 全科医生和家庭医生 General practitioners and family physicians (3112)
- 医疗保健经理 Managers in health care (0311)
- 其他专业的职业健康诊断和治疗 Other professional occupations in health diagnosing and treating (3125)
- 自然愈合执业 Practitioners of natural healing (3232)
- 注册护士，注册精神科护士 Registered nurses and registered psychiatric nurses (3012)
- 专科医师 Specialist physicians (3111)