Audiologists diagnose, evaluate and treat individuals with peripheral and central hearing loss, tinnitus and balance problems. Speech-language pathologists diagnose, assess and treat human communication disorders including speech, fluency, language, voice and swallowing disorders. Audiologists and speech-language pathologists are employed in hospitals, community and public health centres, extended care facilities, day clinics, rehabilitation centres and educational institutions, or may work in private practice. Audiologists and speech-language pathologists who are supervisors are included in this unit group.
Progression into management positions, such as chief audiologist or director of speech-language pathology, is possible with experience.
主要职责 Main Duties
听力学家 Audiologists 主要职责
Develop and administer audiometric tests and examinations using specialized instruments and electronic equipment to diagnose and evaluate the degree and type of patients’ hearing impairment
Plan and implement habilitation/rehabilitation programs for patients, including selection, fitting and adjustment of amplification devices, such as hearing aids, and teaching speech (lip) reading
- 为患者及其家庭提供关于听力缺损及治疗的性质、程度、作用及影响等信息；Provide information to patients and families regarding the nature, extent, impact and implications of hearing loss and treatment
Establish personalized care plans working as a member of an interdisciplinary team
Conduct research related to hearing and hearing disorders
May instruct and supervise audiometric technicians, students and other health care personnel.
语言病理学家 Speech-language pathologists 主要职责
Administer tests and examinations and observe patients to diagnose and evaluate speech, voice, resonance, language, cognitive-linguistic and swallowing disorders
Develop, plan and implement remedial programs to correct speech, voice, language, resonance, cognitive-linguistic and swallowing disorders
Establish group and personalized care plans working as a member of an interdisciplinary team
Provide advice and educational services to patients and families regarding communication and swallowing disorders
Conduct research on speech and other communication disorders and on the development and design of diagnostic procedures and devices
May instruct and supervise communicative disorders assistants, students and other health care personnel.
任职要求 Employment Requirements
Audiologists require a master’s degree in audiology.
Speech-language pathologists require a master’s degree in speech-language pathology.
Registration with a regulatory body is required for audiologists and speech-language pathologists in New Brunswick, Quebec, Ontario, Manitoba, Saskatchewan, Alberta and British Columbia.
Membership in the national association, Canadian Association of Speech-Language Pathologists and Audiologists, is usually required.
In some jurisdictions, audiologists may be required to obtain a separate licence to dispense hearing aids.
所有职称 All Titles
- 扩增听力学家 amplification audiologist
- 听力学家 audiologist
- 听力学研究学者 audiologist, research
- 临床听力医师 audiology clinician
- 听力学专家 audiology specialist
- 认证听力学家 certified audiologist
- 认证助听器听力学家 certified hearing aid audiologist
- 临床听力学家 clinical audiologist
- 社区听力学家 community audiologist
- 社区语言病理学家 community speech-language pathologist
- 诊断听力学家 diagnostic audiologist
- 配药听力学家 dispensing audiologist
- 教育听力学家 educational audiologist
- 教育语言病理学家 educational speech-language pathologist
- 沟通障碍专家 human communication disorders specialist
- 工业听力学家 industrial audiologist
- 言语矫治学家 logopedist
- 言语病理学家 pathologist, speech
- 语言病理学家 pathologist, speech-language
- 儿科听力学家 pediatric audiologist
- 听力师 research audiologist
- 听力学专家 specialist, audiology
- 语听治疗师 speech and hearing therapist
- 语言病理医师 speech pathologist
- 语言治疗师 speech therapist
- 言语语言病医师 speech-language clinician
- 语言病理学家 speech-language pathologist
- 言语语言病理临床医生 speech-language pathologist clinician
- 言语语言病理学者 speech-language pathologist researcher
- 言语治疗师 therapist, speech
- 言语及听力治疗师 therapist, speech and hearing
- 语言学及语言技术助理 Audiology and speech-language technical and assisting occupations (in (3237) Other technical occupations in therapy and assessment )
- 盲文、唇读及授予教师 Braille, lip-reading and sign language instructors (in (4215) Instructors of persons with disabilities )
- 卫生保健经理 Managers in health care ((0311))
- 语音矫正师 Phoniatricians (in (3111) Specialist physicians )