Physiotherapists assess patients and plan and carry out individually designed treatment programs to maintain, improve or restore physical functioning, alleviate pain and prevent physical dysfunction in patients. Physiotherapists are employed in hospitals, clinics, industry, sports organizations, rehabilitation centres and extended care facilities, or they may work in private practice.
Progression to management positions, such as director of physiotherapy, is possible through experience and additional training.
主要职责 Main Duties
Assess patients’ physical abilities through evaluative procedures such as functional ability tests
Establish treatment goals with patients based on physical diagnoses
Plan and implement programs of physiotherapy including therapeutic exercise, manipulations, massage, education, the use of electro-therapeutic and other mechanical equipment and hydro-therapy
Evaluate effectiveness of treatment plans and modify accordingly
Communicate with referring physician and other healthcare professionals regarding patients’ problems, needs and progress
Maintain clinical and statistical records and confer with other health care professionals
Develop and implement health promotion programs for patients, staff and the community
May conduct research in physiotherapy
May provide consulting or education services.
- 物理治疗师侧重于神经学、肿瘤学、风湿病、骨科、妇产科、儿科、老年病等特别领域的实施，心血管、心脏疾病、烧伤及运动伤害患者的治疗，以及人机工程学领域的研究。Physiotherapists may focus their practice in particular clinical areas such as neurology, oncology, rheumatology, orthopedics, obstetrics, pediatrics, geriatrics, in the treatment of patients with cardiovascular and cardiopulmonary disorders, burns or sports injuries or in the field of ergonomics.
任职要求 Employment Requirements
A university degree in physiotherapy and a period of supervised practical training are required.
A licence or registration with a regulatory body is required to practise physiotherapy in all provinces.
Completion of the Physiotherapy National Exam, administered by the Alliance of Physiotherapy Regulatory Boards, may be required.
所有职称 All Titles
- 物理疗法临床协调员 clinical co-ordinator, physical therapy
- 物理治疗临床协调员 clinical co-ordinator, physiotherapy
- 临床物理治疗师 clinical physical therapist
- 临床理疗师 clinical physiotherapist
- 物理治疗师顾问 consultant physical therapist
- 理治师顾问 consultant physiotherapist
- 物理康复治疗师 physical rehabilitation therapist
- 物理治疗家 physical therapist
- 物理研究治疗师 physical therapist, research
- 物理治疗法临床协调员 physical therapy clinical co-ordinator
- 物理治疗临床专家 physical therapy clinical specialist
- 物理治疗主管 physical therapy supervisor
- 理疗医师 physiotherapist
- 研究理疗师 physiotherapist, research
- 理疗临床协调员 physiotherapy clinical co-ordinator
- 理疗主管 physiotherapy supervisor
- 注册物理治疗师 registered physical therapist
- 注册理疗师 registered physiotherapist
- 研究物理治疗师 research physical therapist
- 研究理疗师 research physiotherapist
- 物理治疗主管 supervisor, physical therapy
- 理疗主管 supervisor, physiotherapy
- 康复治疗师 therapist, physical rehabilitation
- 理疗主任Directors of physiotherapy (in (0311) Managers in health care )
- 物理康复技师Physical rehabilitation technicians (in (3237) Other technical occupations in therapy and assessment )