Canadian Temporary Resident Visa (Tourist, Family Business) / Visitor Visa

Canadian Temporary Resident Visa (Tourist, Family Business)



Canadian Temporary Resident visa, also known as Canadian visitor visa, or Temporary Resident Visa (TRV), is a visa issued to travelers who want to visit Canada. Visitor visas include tourist visas, visas for visiting family or for business visits. Generally an interview is not required to apply. The validity period can be as long as 10 years, and you can also choose multiple entires or single entry.


  • The validity period can be up to 10 years. Based on the information submitted by the applicant, the applicant may obtain a multiple-entry visa with the same validity period as the passport
  • Visas can be applied online or paper applications at the visa centers; applicants can submit their applications in Beijing, Shanghai, Guangzhou and Chongqing
  • Generally no interview required
  • Applicants over 60 years old may be asked to go to a designated hospital for medical examination

Submit Method

  • Can be submitted by mail or in person through the visa center, or can be submitted online. If you apply online, the document checklist will be slightly different from the table below.

Documents Checklist

  • IMM5257 Application Information Form
  • IMM5707 Family Information Form
  • Passport: A passport that is valid for more than nine months by the date the application process completes. If you have an old passport, please provide it with signature on the last page of the passport.
  • Electronic Photos taken in the last six months, the size of the photo is 2 inches 2 (white background color, size 3.5X4.5CM, head to chin: 3.1*3.6CM). Click to view official photo requirements and specifications
  • National ID card scanned copy: Please use A4 size paper to scan the front and back of the card.
  • Hukou: Please provide a copy of each page of all members in the Hukou; if it is a collective Hukou, provide the home page and personal page.
  • Marriage certificate: Copy of marriage certificate (if married)
  • Proof of financial support: a copy of the passbook, and the corresponding bank deposit certificate; if there is no original passbook but only a card, please go to the bank for a deposit certificate with a list of historical transactions for around half a year; whether it is a fixed or current passbook, the more you deposit, the better. Other properties like real estate certificates, automobile driving certificates, stocks, bank statements (original and stamped), treasury bonds, equity certificates, etc. can also be submitted.
  • Invitation information
    • Invitation letter
    • Valid certificate or job registration information of the inviting person or company in Canada


Q: When the applicant does not have fixed assets, can the deposit certificate or wealth management product be used as capital supporting documents?

A: Yes, but it is better to provide more documents to prove that the assets are sufficient, such as stock funds, Zhima Credit, proof of work income, housing rental income, etc.

Q: Is it necessary to provide a translation or notarized copy of the real estate/car product?

A: If there is no U.S. visa, a copy of the real estate/car product or notarized suggestion must be provided. This can supplement the integrity of your documents, thereby increasing the chance of successful application.


  • The service fee does not include government fees, translation fees, notarization fees, delivery fees and other third-party fees



Processing Time

Program Categories Online
Canadian visa application processing time
Temporary Resident Visa
50 Days
Visitor Record
84 Days
Super Visa 79 Days
Study Permit Made Outside Canada
12 Weeks
Study Permit Made Intside Canada
14 Weeks
Study Permit Extension 53 Days
Post Graduation Work Permit Made Outside Canada 17 Weeks
Post Graduation Work Permit Made Inside Canada 97 Days
Briding Open Work Permit
97 Days
Canadian immigration application processing time
Express Entry
5 Months
Provincial Nominee Program
11 Months
Self-employed Immigration
50 Months
Federal Skilled Worker Program
5 Months
Start-up Visa
38 Months
Spouse/CommonLaw Sponsorship
10 Months
(Grand) Parents Sponsorship
24 Months
Canadian Citizenship/PR Card processing time
8 Months
PR Card
77 Days
PR Card Renewal
71 Days

Recent Posts


About Us

We are a licensed immigration company that can legally represent clients in applying for study, work, visitor visa and immigration in Canada. We are composed of a number of licensed immigration consultants approved by the Canadian immigration regulatory authorities. Our business categories include Canadian skilled immigration, express entry immigration, sponsorship immigration, and self-employed immigration. Our characteristics: sincere and attentive, professional and efficient, low prices, high success rate, transparent information.