Western Trinity University was founded in 1962. It is a church private university located in the Great Vancouver area. It has two campuses in Richmond and Langley, which accepts applications from students of all backgrounds and retains the fine tradition and school spirit of a church university. Now it has developed into the largest private university in Canada. The college has covered business, nursing, education, natural and applied science, humanities and social sciences, art media and human dynamics. Among them, theology-related majors are at a high level in Western Canada, and now the university is also Preparation for the establishment of a law school.
The school participated in Maclean’s 2014 National Survey of Student Engagement-NSSE. Among them, “Student Satisfaction” project, Trinity Western University ranked second, “Effective Teaching Experience Effective Teaching Practices” ranked fourth, and “Academic Support Environment Supportive Environment” ranked fourth. In Maclean’s 2014 “Canadian University Survey Consortium-CUSC”, Trinity Western University ranked second in the “satisfied with the quality of teaching” item, students said Strong satisfaction, ranked third in the “I feel as if I belong at this university” survey .
75% of Trinity West’s students are native Canadian, 12% are American, and 13% are international students. Basically, among Chinese international students, the main groups who choose Western Trinity are graduate students and students who want to get a second undergraduate degree quickly. At the same time, West Trinity also has a “Promotional Master Program” for college students. Students who apply for a college degree can enter Western Trinity for a one-and-a-half-year undergraduate study, and graduate from a one-year master’s program. They can obtain an undergraduate + master’s degree in two and a half years. Graduates of Trinity Western University can apply for a Canadian work permit, and their academic qualifications are certified by the Chinese Ministry of Education.
In addition, Trinity Western University has a number of collaborations with China. Western Trinity University cooperated with the National Expert Bureau, signed a cooperation agreement with the China Study Abroad Service Center directly under the Ministry of Education of China, and has carried out multi-faceted teacher training with the Tianjin Municipal Education Commission for 10 years; Trinity University and Harbin Institute of Technology, Beijing Normal University, Tianjin University of Finance and Economics, etc. have signed and carried out inter-school mutual visits. For example, the Great Wall International MBA Program of Trinity Western University and Tianjin University of Finance and Economics was established in 1995.
6 Undergraduate Faculties
- Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences: Geography, History, Humanities, International Studies, Linguistics, Modern Languages, Philosophy, Political Science, Sociology
- Nature College of Applied Sciences: Applied Mathematical Computational Science, Biology, Biotechnology, Chemistry, Computer Science, Environmental Studies, Mathematics, Nursing, Applied Natural Sciences
- College of Vocational Studies and Performing Arts< /strong>: Arts, Media, Arts, Music
- School of Business: Business Administration
- School of Education: Education
- School of Human Dynamics: Human Dynamics
10 Master’s Programs
- Applied Linguistics and Annotation
- Counseling Psychology
- Marriage and Family Therapy
- TESOL (Certificate in Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages)
- Interdisciplinary Humanities
- Business Administration
- Master of Leadership Management
Western Trinity University has campuses in Richmond and Langley, covering 157 acres (0.64 square kilometers). The school is known for its high teaching quality and rigorous school spirit. TWU has strict school rules, which means students are not allowed to smoke, not to drink. TWU is one of the safest schools in Canada.
There are about 4,000 students enrolled each year, of which 75% are from Canada, 12% are from the United States, and 13% are from other countries in the world. The school implements small class teaching. The campus has advanced learning, living and medical facilities, and the student dormitory is managed in an organized manner. The school not only provides a large leisure room with table tennis and billiard tables, but also a student restaurant, post and telecommunications center, tourist service office, student convenience store and other facilities and institutions.
Western Trinity University is known for its excellent academics. Due to the school’s pursuit of “ultra-small class” teaching, the average number of students per class is no more than 20, and some professional classes have only about 10 students. Students and professors use classroom teaching time and special extracurricular time, activities held in the school, and one-to-one communication time to cultivate a deep relationship between teachers and students. This is a very valuable learning experience in Canada, and enjoy the interaction between students and professors who are both teachers and friends.
This varies from year to year and can be found on the school’s official website for details.
Generally, the enrollment period is: three semesters a year, January, May, and September each year. The application deadline is generally 2 months before the start of each semester (for example, for September enrollment, the deadline is June 30 number)
- Graduated from high school in China, with a grade of at least 68%
- English requirements: IELTS 6.0 or TOEFL 78, IELTS writing and reading sub-scores at least 5.5
- Conditional admission: dual admission without language requirement. Taking ESLI/TLC courses in language schools within TWU is required:
- There are four levels of TLC in the Richmond campus. Students will have language tests after coming to Canada, and they will be graded according to their scores;
- There are five levels of ESLI on Langley campus. Students will have a university language test after coming to Canada, which will be graded according to their grades
- International high school requirements: English 12, GPA 70% or more
- Application fee: approximately CAD 150
- Tuition Fee: approximately CAD 30375-32625
- Tuition deposit: CAD 9900