Foreign Graduate Entrepreneur Stream / FGES
- FGES Points Grid
- Processing Time
The Foreign Graduate Entrepreneur Stream is an economic immigration program for qualified foreign educated graduates from outside of Canada who want to launch start-up enterprises and innovative businesses in Alberta.
- Minimum of 6 months full-time work experience that can be a combination of actively managing or owning the business or equivalent.
- Completion of a degree from a post-secondary institution outside of Canada with an ECA.
- A business plan with projected financials. Refer to the Business Plan Guidelines.
- Minimum Canadian Language Benchmark (CLB) level of 5 for each English language skill, official test results must be less than two years old at the time of EOI submission.
- Must have a minimum of 34% ownership if the business is located in an urban centre or a minimum of 51% ownership if located in regional area outside Calgary and Edmonton Census Metropolitan Areas.
- A minimum level of investment from candidate’s (or spouse or common-law partner) own equity or from a recognized Canadian financial institution, venture capital, or angel investment firm prior to coming to Alberta. The mandatory minimum investment for an urban centre is $100,000 while the mandatory minimum investment for a regional area is $50,000.
- Must have a letter of recommendation from an AAIP-approved designated agency.
- Candidates must demonstrate that they have the funds needed to set up their business and support themselves while they are on a work permit and launching their start-up.
FGES Points Grid
The information provided will be assessed and points will be awarded based on the Foreign Graduate Entrepreneur Stream points grid below. Candidates with the highest-ranking points will be invited to submit a Business Application.
- Business Plan
- Pitch Deck
- Net Worth Worksheet
- Letter of Recommendation from a Designated Agency
- Authorization to Collect and Disclose Personal Information for Spouse, Common-Law Partners and Dependents (if applicable)
The processing time of CIC will be updated weekly, please refer to the latest time announced by CIC.
- The service fee is charged according to the customer’s situation. If the customer’s situation is more complicated, there may be additional charges (refer to customer evaluation).