Student Direct Stream (SDS)
The full name of SDS is Study Direct Stream. SDS is a simple and fast study visa application process for students who have certain English proficiency and will directly enter a qualified Canadian college or university (DLI: designated learning institution). There are many advantages to applying through the SDS program, including filing fewer funding documents and enjoying faster processing times.
- The applicant is a resident of a country recognized by SDS.
- Excellent results in English or French, such as IELTS score of at least 6 points in each subject, French proficiency test (TEF) with a Canadian Language Proficiency Band (CLB) score of 7 or more (Speaking 310, Listening 249, Reading 207, Writing 310 points).
- A guaranteed investment certificate (GIC) of $10,000 is required.
- An application to a Canadian school has been applied, and the school has approved the applicant’s application.
- Tuition fees for the first year need to have already been paid.
- A medical examination has been carried out before submitting the application.
- Can only be submitted online, all documents only need to be scanned, and the large sign will be mailed directly from IRCC to the address designated by the applicant by ordinary mail. From April 30, 2019, applicants for the SDS Student Direct Entry program must submit their applications online. Applications cannot be submitted by other means.
- IMM 1294
- IMM 5707
- Passport, you need to scan the first page, signature page and every page with visa and stamp
- Two photos that meet the fine print of the photo requirements.
- A copy of the medical examination form provided by the designated medical examiner.
- study plan
- A copy of the program acceptance letter from the Admission/Registration Office of a Designated Learning Institution (DLI) in Canada.
- Language scores, such as IELTS, TOEFL or TEF tests.
- If planning to study in Quebec, submit a valid Letter of Acceptance from Quebec (CAQ).
- Provide official copies of all degrees, qualifications, or certificates obtained by the applicant’s most recent educational institution, as well as recent transcripts.
- If the applicant is 18 years old and above, please submit a police certificate.
- A $10,000 Guaranteed Investment Certificate (GIC).
- Copy of receipt for first year tuition payment.
- Proof of income or employment of parents.
- A photocopy of the applicant’s Chinese ID card, front and back.
- The original of my resident household registration book (household registration book).
- If the applicant is under the age of 18, a guardianship declaration from the applicant’s parents and Canadian guardian is required.
- If applicable, applicants will need to provide a home ownership certificate and a motor vehicle registration certificate.
- If the applicant will receive scholarships/other financial aid, please submit detailed instructions.
A: SDS just no longer requires the provision of overly complicated financial materials, but it does not reduce the impact of backward reading, older age and other unfavorable factors on visas. The success rate of the SDS is roughly the same as that of the general study permit.
A: It is ok if you inform IRCC. The applicant would violate Section 40 of the Immigration Act on misrepresentation without notice. Because SDS has prepaid tuition fees, if applicants insist on changing schools, the school will charge high management fees. The program is cumbersome and the program cycle is long.
A：Antigua and Barbuda，Brazil，China，Colombia，Costa Rica，India，Morocco，Pakistan，Peru，Philippines，Senegal，Saint Vincent and the Grenadines，Trinidad and Tobago，Vietnam。
- Global Visa Firm only charges service fees, the fees do not include government fees, translation fees, notarization fees, courier fees and other third-party fees
- The service fee is charged according to the customer’s situation. If the customer’s situation is more complicated, there may be additional fees (refer to customer evaluation)