Visit the UK as a Standard Visitor (UK Standard Visitor Visa)
Canada belongs to the Commonwealth of Nations, so it is easy to apply for a UK standard visitor visa in Canada. The United Kingdom does not belong to the Schengen visa area union, so whether you are traveling to the United Kingdom alone or a European itinerary that includes the United Kingdom, you need to apply for a British visa in Canada in advance. Compared with the Schengen visa, it is very convenient to apply for a UK visa in Canada. There are a total of 6 British visa centers that can accept applications (including Toronto, Vancouver and other cities); generally, UK visitor visa applications will be processed and issued in New York, USA. When your trip is urgent, the UK Embassy provides expedited service.
With a UK visa, you can also travel to the following countries:
- Visa-free: Ireland, Costa Rica, Albania, Bermuda, Anguilla, Cayman Islands, Gibraltar, Panama, Dominican Republic.
- Visa-free for 7 days: Bosnia and Herzegovina, Montenegro.
- Transit without visa: Singapore, South Korea.
Travelers holding Canadian passports do not need to apply for a UK visa. Canadian citizens can stay in the UK for up to 180 days
Anyone who holds legal status in Canada (For example, Canadian permanent resident, a Canadian study permit, a Canadian work permit, a Canadian work permit, a Canadian visit visa, Visitor Visa, etc.) can apply for Standard Visitor Visa.
Applying for a British visa in Canada with a Canadian legal identity does not need to prepare extra materials (identity card, bank statement, etc.) from the country. Just like other Canadian applicants, you need to prepare same materials.
How to Hand in
- Online application, all materials only need to be scanned. After submitting the application, it will be accepted and issued in New York, USA.
- Unlike applying for a Canadian visa, applicants need to fill in all personal information when applicants create an account on the official website, and applicants can submit the materials after filling in the questions online.
- valid passport
- ID documents in Canada (Permanent Resident Card, Study Permit, Work Permit, etc.)
- Proof of study/employment
- Proof of funds
- travel plan
- round-trip air tickets
- Proof of hotel or residential address
- (if available) driver’s license
The UK tourist visa application fee varies according to the application program and time:
(Please note that all applications for UK visas in Canada are issued by the UK visa center in New York, USA, so all fees are showed in US dollars)
|Short-term (valid for up to 6 months, single or multiple entry)||134|
|Long-term (valid for up to 2 years)||508|
|Long-term (valid for up to 5 years)||921|
|Long-term (valid for up to 10 years)||1156|
|Visiting Academic (valid for 6-12 months)||267|
|Marriage visitor visa||134|
|Private medical treatment (valid for 6-11 months)||134|
At the same time, the UK Embassy also provides expedited services:
A: Normally, the processing time for a UK standard visitor visa is 6 weeks. If you need to get your visa as soon as possible, you can choose the expedited service.
A: It is not required, but you need to go to the local or the nearest visa center for biometric and photography. This service requires an appointment.
- Global Visa Firm only charges service fees, the fees do not include government fees, translation fees, notarization fees, courier fees and other third-party fees
- The service fee is charged according to the customer’s situation. If the customer’s situation is more complicated, there may be additional fees (refer to customer evaluation)