Study Permit Application Outside Canada
The Study Permit is the type of permit that an international student applies for when he first enters Canada. It is an important document for an international student to maintain valid student status in Canada. After obtaining a study permit, applicants also need to apply for a temporary resident visa (TRV).
Under normal circumstances, the validity period of the study permit and the TRV is the same. Unlike the tourist visits and family visits that only require the validity of the small visa to enter Canada, when entering Canada as a student, a valid study permit and a TRV are both required, and they both need to be within the validity period. People in Canada must maintain their validity all the time.
- Admitted by a designated learning institution (DLI)
- Able to provide financial proof of having sufficient funds for tuition, living expenses and transportation costs to and from Canada
- No criminal records
- Healthy and can undergo a medical examination
- Able to prove to the immigration officer that you will leave Canada when your study permit expires
- Canadian study permit applications can be submitted in person or by mail through the Visa Center, or online. The documents required by the visa center and the online materials will be slightly different.
- Admission letter, tuition receipt etc. from a designated school in Canada (DLI)
- Applicant’s digital photo. The photo must meet all the requirements in the photo requirements outline
- IELTS, TOFEL and other Language test transcripts
- Applicant’s passport, signature page and any page with visa and stamps
- Scanned and notarized copies of applicant’s ID card and Hukou registration
- Applicant’s Medical Examination Form
- Submission letter
- Police certificate and notarized copy
- Proof of financial support (income, turnover, bank deposits, proof of employment, etc.). Purchase GIC (Guaranteed Investment Certificate) guaranteed investment certificate information can replace proof of financial support
- IMM5645e Family Information form
- IMM0104 Education and Employment form
- Future study plan (we will provide templates)
- Notarized copy of Chinese school transcript
- Notarized copy of Chinese school graduation certificate
- Canadian medical insurance (which we can help you get one)
- Parents’ employment certificate: clearly write down information such as job position, income, and entry time. We can provide templates.
If there has been a name change, please provide the name change notarization
A: We recommend to submit the companion visa after the approval of applicant’s study visa.
- The service fee does not include government fees, translation fees, notarization fees, delivery fees and other third-party fees