Casino workers operate gaming tables, maintain slot machines, accept keno wagers, pay out winning bets and jackpots and collect losing bets. They are employed by casinos.
Progression to supervisory positions is possible with experience in all activities related to gaming.
Casino workers perform some or all of the following duties:
- Operate gaming tables and games such as roulette, blackjack, keno, baccarat and poker
- Explain rules of games to patrons and ensure that rules are followed
- Accept keno wagers and issue computerized tickets for selection
- Determine winners or announce winning numbers
- Calculate and pay out winning bets and jackpots, collect losing bets and maintain related reports
- Fill slot machines with coins and assist patrons experiencing difficulties with machines
- Perform minor adjustments to slot machines.
- Completion of secondary school is usually required.
- On-the-job training is provided for gaming table dealers.
- Security clearance is required for all casino workers.
- Casino gaming licences are usually required for all casino employees.
- baccarat croupier
- blackjack croupier
- casino dealer
- casino runner
- casino slot machine attendant
- counting attendant – casino
- croupier – casino
- croupier, baccarat
- croupier, blackjack
- croupier, pai gow
- croupier, pai gow domino
- croupier, pai gow poker
- croupier, poker
- croupier, roulette
- croupier, sic bo
- croupier, super pan 9
- croupier, twenty-one
- dealer, casino
- gambling table operator
- gaming table dealer
- gaming table operator – casino
- keno dealer
- keno runner, casino
- keno writer
- operator, gambling table
- pai gow croupier
- pai gow domino croupier
- pai gow poker croupier
- poker croupier
- roulette croupier
- runner, casino
- sic bo croupier
- slot machine attendant, casino
- super pan 9 croupier
- Amusement ride, sports facility and bingo hall workers (See 6722 Operators and attendants in amusement, recreation and sport)
- Supervisors of casino workers (See 6313 Accommodation, travel, tourism and related services supervisors)