Cleaning supervisors supervise and co-ordinate the activities of workers in the following unit groups: Light Duty Cleaners (6731), Specialized Cleaners (6732), and Janitors, Caretakers and Building Superintendents (6733). Cleaning supervisors are employed by hospitals and other health care institutions, hotels, motels, schools and other educational institutions, commercial and industrial establishments, home and office cleaning establishments and by various specialized cleaning companies.
Cleaning supervisors perform some or all of the following duties:
- Supervise and co-ordinate the work of light duty, industrial or specialized cleaners and janitors
- Inspect sites or facilities to ensure established safety and cleanliness standards are met
- Recommend or arrange for additional services required such as painting, repair work, renovations or replacement of furnishings and equipment
- Hire and train cleaning staff
- Prepare work schedule and co-ordinate activities with those of other departments
- Prepare budget, estimate costs and keep financial records
- Receive payment for specialized cleaning jobs
- May perform certain cleaning duties.
- Completion of secondary school is usually required.
- Previous experience in a particular area of cleaning is usually required.
- Previous supervisory experience may be required.
- building cleaning and maintenance supervisor
- building cleaning supervisor
- carpet cleaning supervisor
- carwash supervisor
- cleaning and maintenance supervisor
- cleaning supervisor
- custodian supervisor – cleaning services
- head caretaker
- head cleaner
- head cleaning man/womanhead cleaning man, head cleaning woman
- head custodian
- head custodian – cleaning services
- head janitor
- housekeeping room attendant supervisor
- housekeeping supervisor
- industrial plant cleaning supervisor
- supervisor, carwash
- supervisor, chambermaids
- supervisor, cleaners
- supervisor, cleaning and maintenance
- supervisor, janitors
- supervisor, window washers
- window washing supervisor
- Building maintenance supervisors (See 7205 Contractors and supervisors, other construction trades, installers, repairers and servicers)
- Executive housekeepers (6312)
- Specialized cleaners (6732)