NOC 6512 – Bartenders



Bartenders mix and serve alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages. They are employed in restaurants, hotels, bars, taverns, private clubs, banquet halls and other licensed establishments. Supervisors of bartenders are included in this unit group.

Progression to managerial positions in food and beverage service is possible with experience.

Main Duties

Bartenders perform some or all of the following duties:

  • Take beverage orders from serving staff or directly from patrons
  • Mix liquor, soft drinks, water and other ingredients to prepare cocktails and other drinks
  • Prepare mixed drinks, wine, draft or bottled beer and non-alcoholic beverages for food and beverage servers or serve directly to patrons
  • Collect payment for beverages and record sales
  • Maintain inventory and control of bar stock and order supplies
  • Clean bar area and wash glassware
  • Ensure compliance with provincial/territorial liquor legislation and regulations
  • May train and supervise other bartenders and bar staff
  • May hire and dismiss staff.

Employment Requirements

  • Completion of secondary school may be required.
  • Completion of college or other program in bartending
    Completion of courses in mixing drinks is usually required.
  • Responsible beverage service certification may be required.

All Titles

  • attendant, bar
  • bar attendant
  • bar steward
  • barkeeperbarman, barwoman
  • barmaid
  • barman/barwoman
  • barman/woman, beerbarman, beer, barwoman, beer, beer barman, beer barwoman
  • bartender
  • bartender, taptapman, tapwoman
  • bartenders supervisor
  • beer barman/woman
  • head barmaidhead barman, head barwoman
  • head barman/barwoman
  • head bartender
  • lounge supervisor-bartender
  • managing bartender
  • service bartender
  • supervisor, bartenders
  • supervisor-bartender, lounge
  • tapman/woman


  • Bar managers (See 0631 Restaurant and food service managers)
  • Food and beverage servers (6513)


Processing Time

Program Categories Online On Paper
Canadian visa application processing time
Temporary Resident Visa
69 Days 69 Days
Visitor Record
193 Days 163 Days
Super Visa 127 Days 127 Days
Study Permit Made Outside Canada
9 Weeks 9 Weeks
Study Permit Made Intside Canada
4 Weeks 4 Weeks
Study Permit Extension 91 Days 108 Days
Post Graduation Work Permit Made Outside Canada 57 Weeks 57 Weeks
Post Graduation Work Permit Made Inside Canada 167 Days 78 Days
Briding Open Work Permit
167 Days 78 Days
Canadian immigration application processing time
Express Entry
21 Months 21 Months
Provincial Nominee Program
22 Months 22 Months
Self-employed Immigration
42 Months 42 Months
Federal Skilled Worker Program
29 Months 29 Months
Start-up Visa
32 Months 32 Months
Spouse/CommonLaw Sponsorship
14 Months 14 Months
(Grand) Parents Sponsorship
38 Months 38 Months
Canadian Citizenship/PR Card processing time
24 Months 24 Months
PR Card
92 Days 92 Days
PR Card Renewal
84 Days 84 Days

Recent Posts


About Us

We are a licensed immigration company that can legally represent clients in applying for study, work, visitor visa and immigration in Canada. We are composed of a number of licensed immigration consultants approved by the Canadian immigration regulatory authorities. Our business categories include Canadian skilled immigration, express entry immigration, sponsorship immigration, and self-employed immigration. Our characteristics: sincere and attentive, professional and efficient, low prices, high success rate, transparent information.